Welcome to our New Location!
Yes, after 36 years (1978) we have moved to a new location you will love even more then our previous location. You know it has to be a good move for me to change after 36 years but now Capt. Slate’s Dive Center (Capt. Slate’s Scuba Adventures) has a brand new home, Mile Marker 90.7, Tavernier, FL 33070 - simply the first location on the Oceanside, left side of the road heading south, after the Tavernier Creek Bridge, directly on the water, you can’t miss us!
Now not only do we have 12 shops (restaurants, fish market, paddle store, coffee house and much more) in the same location, Casa Mar Village, all on the water, we also have the Creekside Inn on property, a first class hotel right next door, no driving from the hotel to the docks and store! We also have a beautiful white sandy beach with access for you and for cookouts and two swimming pools. WOW, wait until you see all we have to offer now! After 36 years diving the keys and running the largest dive operation we know how to get it right. We can’t wait to show you our 25+ new dive sites.
We added a new 30’ fast boat (26-knt) to our fleet and can run smaller groups quickly to all the wrecks in Pennekamp Park from the Spiegel Grove, Bibb, Duane and to the Eagle wreck in Tavernier, now that is a "Wreck Trek"!
As always our highly qualified staff offers SDI, TDI, PADI, NAUI, SEI, DAN and more certifications so start or continue your dive education here!
What are you waiting for? Contact us at and book your reef adventure with the Professionals at Capt. Slate’s Dive Center. We treat you like the family you are to us! And remember, a visit to Capt. Slate's is not complete without the world famous CREATURE FEATURE!
Latest News...and Fun Stuff we have planned!
- July KIDS Scuba Camp! If you drug your feet too long and missed the June session, you still have a chance to get in on the action. Book Now for our July session.... Read More
- Lobster Mini Season! It's time again for the Annual "Bug Hunt"! Join Capt. Slate for TWO days of Lobster Mania. Reserve early as these trips always fill quickly... Read More
- August KIDS Scuba Camp! Last chance to be a part of the summer fun! Don't miss out. Book Now for our August session!.... Read More
- We are a "GUY HARVEY Dive Outfitters OUTPOST"! Captain Slate's Scuba Adventures has partnered with Dr. Guy Harvey - longtime friend, world famous artist, and conservationist of the sea from Jamaica...Read More
- Welcome HANDICAPPED Divers! Capt. Slate is pleased to continue a 30+ year tradition of working with handicapped and wounded warriors with DEPTHERAPY...Read More
- Dive & Snorkel Guides! Dive guides available: $45 for the first person, second person is $10. Snorkel guides available: $20 for the first person, $10 for each additional person.